Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year Question: What's your New Year's resolution this 2012?

What is it with New Year? Date changes. Celebrations all around. Fireworks and fire crackers. Then we move on with life.

Yes, it probably feels like nothing really happened after the celebrations. But the essence that New Year brings us is a starta headstartwhere we are to make most of yet another 365 (in fact, 366 this year) days. This time of the year, we bring in our resolutions, may we fulfill them or not, it is everyone's way of changing for the better and hoping for the best.

See at what some Ateneans have for their resolutions this year, and maybe you could share yours too! By the end of the year, let's see who actually fulfilled theirs.

"To stop procrastinating."
Izac Quintin, BS Management Information Systems


"I don't make New Year's resolutions. I set my goals whenever I feel the need to, and I don't have to wait for the calendar year to change for me to do so."
Angelo Lorenzo, BS Chemistry/BS Materials Science and Engineering


"To be selfless."
Biondi Te, BS Management


"[To] balance my academic and athletic lives."
Mia Catedrilla, BFA Information Design


"I never actually made one because it always, always, always gets broken anyway... But I guess, deep in my heart, this year I want to balance having fun and schoolwork."
Rej Bagonoc, BS Health Sciences


"To find direction in life."
Keenan Mangin Go, BS Communications Technology Management


"For this year, my new year's resolution is to exert more effort in my school-related activities, since I wasn't really taking my studies seriously ever since. Now that I'm in college, I want to make things right."
Ervin Tung, BS Management


"My New Year's resolution is to be a better student, brother and son."
Bino Goco, AB Interdisciplinary Studies


"[To] procrastinate less in my studies so my grades will improve from last sem[ester]."
Greg Pascua, BS Legal Management


"I have two resolutions. The first one is to sleep earlier than at least 12:30 AM everyday and the second one is to eat less."
Migo Mantes, BS Computer Science


"[To] be responsible, patient, respectful and hardworking."
Jay Sacluti, AB Management Economics


"Years ago, I told myself I would never make a New Year's resolution ever again. I gravely dislike breaking my word."
Marisse Galera, BS Psychology



Happy New Year everyone and may 2012 be the year to bring you the wonder and joy that you seek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment